How do I create a backup?
WP Squared allows you to backup your account and WordPress® site.
In the Backups tab, you can view, manage, and create backups for your WordPress site. You can also set up recurring backups for your websites.
Create a backup
To create a backup, click the Create Backup Now button. The Create Backup popup window will appear. Click Backup Now to start the backup. You will receive confirmation once the backup has completed.
Scheduling a backup
To schedule a backup, you must configure your backup settings and frequency. To enable backups, perform the following steps:
- Click the Settings () icon.
- In the Backup Settings popup, toggle Backup to Enabled.
- Click the checkbox next to the days of the week that you would like to run a backup. You must select at least one day to enable scheduled backups.
- In the Number of backups to keep text box, enter the number of backups you wish to keep. The minimum number of backups to keep is three (3).
- Click Save Settings.
Restore a backups
You can restore any saved backup. We recommend you perform a backup before you restore another saved backup. To restore a backup, perform the following steps:
- Click Restore for the backup that you wish to restore.
- In the Restore Backup popup, you must check the box next to ‘I am aware that I am going to restore a previous backup. I will lose the current version of the website and its components for the version I have chosen.’ before you can continue.
- Click Restore Now. Your backup will be restored as the new version of your website. You will be notified when your restore is completed.
What items are part of a backup?
WP Squared utilized the WP Toolkit backup system. Backups are created as a
tar.gz file. Backup files are stored in the
The following items part of a WP Squared backup: